Admissions Counselor Cover Letter and Resume Examples
Here's an example of a cover letter for an admissions counselor position. Also, see below for a resume for the same position.
Admissions Counselor Cover Letter Example
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. LastName,
I would like to express my strong interest in the admissions counselor position at ABC University’s School of Business, as listed on highereducationjobs.com. I am confident that my experience as an admissions counselor and my abilities as a project manager make me an ideal candidate for the position.
I have been working in admissions for the past five years and am therefore extremely confident in my ability to meet your requirements. As an admissions counselor for XYZ College, I recruit, process, and evaluate over 8,500 applicants each year. By thoroughly analyzing candidates and conducting dozens of informational sessions and seminars, I successfully contributed to the rise in student retention by over 15% this past year. I am also particularly familiar with MBA admissions and recruiting, having worked as a graduate assistant in the Greenfield University Business School. I am thus a skilled admissions counselor who is familiar with your particular needs.
I also have the project management experience that you request in your job application. For example, I am currently responsible for organizing and overseeing XYZ College’s annual Welcome Accepted Candidates Day. This job involves selecting and managing caterers, event spaces, professors, and student volunteers.
I have successfully run this event for the past two years, and therefore know I have the attention to detail and commitment to quality that you require in an admissions counselor.
I am confident that my years of experience in admissions (particularly business school admissions) and my skill as a project manager would make me an asset to your fine admissions team at ABC University’s School of Business.
I have enclosed my resume and will contact you next week to see if we might find a time to speak together. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
Your Signature (hard copy letter)
Your Typed Name
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
Admissions Counselor Resume Example
4179 Allen Rd, Apt 7, Wilmington, DE 01887
Detail-oriented Admissions Counselor with a record of success in recruiting, evaluating, and accepting applicants for a competitive liberal arts college with over 8,500 applicants. Experienced in using strong oral and written communication skills to develop and lead presentations, information sessions, and training seminars.
Admissions Counselor, ABC College, May 20XX - present
- Recognized along with admissions team for increasing retention rates among freshman by 10% in 2008 due to thorough analysis of applicant materials and follow-up with accepted candidates.
- Develop and present seminars about ABC College at over 50 high school and community college events.
- Conduct dozens of informational sessions with parents, students, and counselors on the admissions process.
- Plan and implement training programs for internal and external staff members related to Admissions initiatives.
Registrar Assistant, ABC College, August 20XX – May 20XX
- Maintain student academic records for over 4,000 students.
- Manage all OCICU registration and correspondence.
- Resolve student and faculty issues regarding records and registration.
- Recruit, hire, and train 10 college interns annually.
Bachelor of Arts, Spanish, ABC College, 20XX
Magna Cum Laude
- Experience with SIS and Campus Vue, and proficient in Microsoft Office, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in Spanish
Sending an Email Cover Letter
If you're sending your cover letter via email, list your name and the job title in the subject line of the email message:
Subject: Admissions Counselor Position - Your Name
Include your contact information in your email signature, and don't list the employer contact information.
Start your email message with the salutation. Here's an example of a formatted email cover letter.
More Sample Cover Letters
Cover letter samples and templates for a variety of career fields and employment levels, including entry-level, targeted and email cover letters for many different jobs.
Please Note: This sample is provided for guidance only. The provided information, including samples and examples, is not guaranteed for accuracy or legality. Letters and other correspondence should be edited to fit your personal situation.
Admissions Coordinator Cover Letter
Admissions Coordinators are employed by medical facilities to implement admitting procedures. Essential work responsibilities for an Admissions Coordinator include collecting applicant information, screening applicants, solving patient dissatisfactions, marketing health care programs, interviewing patients and family members, explaining admission criteria, providing emotional support to patients, maintaining information confidentiality, giving tours to prospective clients, processing paperwork, and answering to client inquiries.
Those interested in an Admission Coordinator position should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout their cover letters:
- Effective communication and good people skills
- Empathy and bedside manners
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Knowledge of coding and classification software
- Stamina and resilience
- A professional attitude
- Confidentiality and strong work ethics
- Customer service orientation
- Being able to explain complex information in an accessible manner
Comparable skills and experience can be seen in the Admissions Coordinator sample cover letter provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Admissions Coordinator Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Lawley:
Upon learning of your search for an Admissions Coordinator to join your team at Silverlake Senior Living Community, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As a personable, customer-centric, and goal-driven professional with experience in orchestrating patient relocations and transitions into new living environments, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to your facility in this role.
My background includes overseeing a full range of admissions responsibilities during my career as an Admissions Counselor with Skylark Nursing Home in Darrington. With strong inner motivation and superior interpersonal talents, I excel at communicating with referring healthcare institutions, identifying each patient’s unique needs and requirements, and supporting patients throughout the admissions and relocation process to ensure their utmost comfort, safety, and wellbeing.
Highlights of my qualifications include the following:
- Managing the inquiry and admissions process, providing prospective patients with a glimpse of facility life as well as a wealth of information through tours, personal visits and assessments, individual conversation, and effective follow-up strategies.
- Developing and implementing innovative sales and marketing initiatives for Skylark Nursing Home, breaking the record for census and occupancy levels 6 out of 7 quarters during my tenure.
- Working collaboratively and effectively with peers and management, demonstrating consistently exceptional organization, leadership, and problem-solving talents.
- Leading and championing a team of my peers to raise thousands of dollars in donations for the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Possessing an empathic bedside manner, basic computer competencies, and a rock-solid work ethic.
- Earning an Associate’s Degree in Health Information & Management from Rainier College.
With my strong background and my proven ability to meet admissions goals, I am well prepared to extend my record of service to your team at Silverlake Senior Living Community. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Donna J. Metzler