There are a lot of studies being carried out in regard to the issue of climate change in the modern world because it has become a major area of concern. The climate change has caused a lot of changes that affect both human activities and the wildlife. The effects are very obvious and, therefore, this brings out the question as to whether such changes are due to manmade effects or they are natural causes. Therefore, this essay will be based on the argument that climate change is as a result of manmade activities.
One of the main evidences of climate change is the occurrence of droughts in areas that used to receive high rainfall. This means that the level of deforestation has increased hence making it difficult for such areas to receive rainfall. Also, deforestation has made the soil lose for forestation to take place hence climate change will keep on occurring since such soils cannot support the growth of vegetation. Therefore, this is proof that climate change is caused by human activities (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, 2014).
In addition, global warming has become a major part of climate change and the main cause is the emission of gases such as carbon monoxide. As a result, such gases deplete the ozone layer which is responsible for reducing the amount of radiation reaching the earth’s surface. Such gases are as a result of human activities associated with the increased use of greenhouses. Therefore, with the increased level of technology, activities that omit such gases have increased hence, increasing the level at which global warming is taking place and, in turn, climate change. As well, the burning of fossil fuels have played a substantial role in the emission of gasses that contribute to global warming. As a result, this leads to global warming and hence climate change (Shine, 2014).
However, on the other hand, the earth’s atmosphere has the capacity to balance itself hence making it possible to argue out the recent climatic changes are examples of natural causes. An example is the increased sea levels due to the melting ice caps resulting from global warming. This happens when the ability of the earth to reflect back energy is reduced hence resulting in a hot climate. Also, the scientific data is inconclusive since some of it is obtained from assumptions. Therefore, some people argue that the lack of evidence means that the climate changes are just natural cycles. It is a way of the earth to balance its climate (Wiest, Raymond & Clawson, 2015).
Concisely, the human causes of climate change out do the natural causes and this makes it clear that human beings should control some of this activities to avoid making the earth a place that in unbearable to live in. A combination of the natural causes of climate change are not enough to bring a substantial change that would in turn affect the way of living on earth. Hence, research shows that human activities are the main causes of climate change. Some of the remedies to climate change could be educating people on the importance of reducing the activities that result to climate change or even seeking other alternatives. Therefore, this will ensure that any noticeable climate change is due to the natural occurrences on earth.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. (2014). Climate Change 2014–Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability: Regional Aspects. Cambridge University Press.
- Shine, K. P. (2014). Climate change.
- Wiest, S. L., Raymond, L., & Clawson, R. A. (2015). Framing, partisan predispositions, and public opinion on climate change. Global Environmental Change, 31, 187-198.
Fourth Claim Paragraph
Research by [name of expert or research group] established another fact proving the [reality/unreality] of global warming: [Insert direct quote from research that supports your thesis.]
- Measurable changes in the sea level, air temperature and atmospheric gas levels confirm a warming trend.
- A warming trend in our climate is causing the melting of earth's glaciers and ice caps which will cause the sea levels to rise and pose an imminent threat to coastal regions.
- The health of the ocean is failing due to increased temperature, causing mass deaths of fish and the overgrowth of dangerous algae.
- Models used by scientists to predict climate change generally show an overall warming trend.
- Scientific research does not prove that a current warming trend suggests imminent danger.
- There is not a large enough body of research to support the theories.
- There is not enough historical data available.
- The models used by scientists to predict climate change are unreliable and many have been proven wrong.
EasyBib Guide to Global Warming Research
NASA Home Page for Climate Change
U.S. Global Change Research Program Home Page